Make your own free website on

Holker Old Boys A.F.C.

Latest News
League Tables
Golden Boot
Club Info
Other Links

The Gallery

Latest News:


I will update this section of the website whenever I can, but due to other committments the information may not be up to date. If anyone wants to email me with any relevant news I will put it on.
Email Address:

September News

Silsden 1 Holker 2

Match report courtesy of the Silsdens website

Silsden made a desperate attempt to take the game into extra time but the Holker defence held firm through a combination of timely tackles and the woodwork. Silsden peppered the goal area with a series of crosses but all they had to show for it was Jamie Longley’s thunderbolt from 25 yards minutes from the end of the game.

A plum home tie against Harrogate Town awaited the winners and Silsden made the early running. Gavin Finn, starting his first match of the season had what turned out to be the best chance but he was short of match practice and rushed his effort. Silsden applied pressure through a series of corners but they couldn’t create clear chances. Holker, with blistering pace up front, were always a threat on the break and Rosser had to make a timely interception to deny Southward a scoring opportunity before the Cumbrians took the lead from a well-rehearsed free kick, Dale Cleese hitting the bottom corner with a low drive. Silsden tried to make headway down the flanks but the play wasn’t incisive enough and the Barrow defenders always had time to regroup.The Cobbydalers were limited to shooting from distance as the Holker boys defended deep in their own half and broke out rapidly. Rhodes had a weak effort easily saved and a Holden free-kick was deflected over the bar. The Holker keeper held a Rosser free kick at the second attempt and launched the ball forwards.

Southward just beat the stranded Rosser to the ball and headed goalwards. As Foulger came out the striker slid the ball sideways for the supporting Swarbrick to pass it into an empty net. The confidence oozed from the visitors and Swarbrick fired a long range shot just off target before bursting though the square Silsden defence only to be denied by Foulger diving at his feet.

Although Holker posed a threat with their pace they created few chances in the second half even though Silsden, in chasing the game, inevitably left gaps, Akroyd’s last ditch tackle denying them on the only occasion they were in sight of goal. The lanky Akroyd was dangerous at set pieces and had one header saved on the line before heading just over from another corner. As the pressure mounted Holden fired just wide of the post and Hedges had a header tipped over the bar. Longley replaced the tiring Finn and made an immediate impact curling in from the left only to see his effort come back off the far post. In the match at Holker when Southward hit a similar shot his effort went in, such was the margin between victory and defeat. Between the odd forays up field the Holker defence was pushed back further and further and Reed’ returning from a hamstring injury came more into the game as an attacking force. His cross to Gill was inch perfect but the midfielder, in front of goal, failed to make a clean contact. On came Hanson and Lund as the minutes ticked away. Holker were reduced to ten men. Corner followed corner, Rhodes headed just over and Rosser’s toe poke was tipped round the post and Hoyle headed just wide as the Cumbrians packed the goal area. Hedges was trying to create space and eventually when the ball fell to Longley the new boy gave Silsden hope. As the game went into stoppage time even Foulger joined the attack, Saturday’s hero. Gill lookiing to repeat the great escape struck a final effort goalwards but Dave John threw his body in the way and the dream was over. It’s been a great adventure but now Andy Geary has to lift his men for the F.A.Vase game on Saturday against Harrogate Railway, (3.00pm at Cougar Park.) Having played 12 league matches since August 12th the boys have a free week in which to recharge the batteries....and so do the fans. Keep the faith.

Courtesy of the BBC Cumbria website

Holker Old Boys are through to a mouth watering home tie against Harrogate Town in the 2nd Qualifying round of the FA Cup after beating Silsden by 2 goals to 1 in last nights 1st qualifying round replay.

Dale Cleese gave Holker the lead in the 16th minute, with Paul Southward scoring the second just before the break.

The Yorkshire side pulled one back near the end, and Holker's Matt Dewey was sent off for arguing with one of the referee's assistants.

Holker are hoping to switch the tie with Harrogate to Sunday week to avoid a clash with the Barrow Stalybridge FA Cup tie on the Saturday.

Holker 2 Silsden 2

Holker were hit by a late injury time equaliser on Saturday in the FA Cup First Qualifying Round. The equaliser forced a replay at Silsden on Wednesday. Goals came from Dale Cleece and Paul Southward

Winsford 1 Holker 0

Holker were beaten for the first time this season 1-0 against Winsford on Saturday.

The goal came midway through the second half from a penalty in a fairly dull game.

Flixton 2 Holker 2

Holker fought back from 2-0 down to gain a point at Flixton after another bad start.

After two early goals from the home side Holker started to create some chances with the ball over the top of the Flixton defence causing all sorts of problems. After several good chances Holker converted through Carl Waters. Half-time score: 2-1.

An early goal in the second half from Dave Swarbrick brought the scores level. It stayed like that till the final whistle. Final score: 2-2.

Holker on the road to Cardiff

Holker beat Hall Road Rangers 2-0 to see them successfully throught to the next round of the FA Cup at Holker St on Sunday.

Goals came from Paul Southward in either half.

August News

Nelson 3 Holker 3

Holker fought back at Nelson to get a well earned point a disastorous start.

Holker conceded two goals within the first 5 mins at Nelson to give the home side the advantage. Holker then pulled one back with a Paul southward strike to make it 2-1. The home side scored again to make it 3-1 to Nelson going in at half time.

Holker applied some good pressure in the second half and their persistance paid off when Carl Waters went through and rounded the keeper to score. The scores were level a few minutes later when a cross from the right was met by Reece Hudson in mid flight to head past the stranded Nelson keeper. Final score: Nelson 3 Holker 3

Darwen Postponed

The game at Darwen was called off due to heavy rain and a waterlogged pitch.

Leek CSOB 0 Holker 6

Holker got off to a great start for season 04-05 with an impressive 6-0 win at Leek. On the scoresheet was Dave Swarbick 3, Carl Waters 2, and Dale Cleece.